Florida Music Contract Review Lawyer
Music is one of the many important industries in Florida—with Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa all playing a big role. Not only has the state produced many world-class musicians, but it has influenced many genres, including jazz, country, southern rock, and Latin American music.
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our Florida music contract review lawyers are diligent, experienced advocates for clients. If you have any questions about music industry agreement, we are here as a resource. Call us today to arrange your fully confidential initial appointment.
An Overview of Our Florida Music Contract Review Practice
Contracts form the legal basis of most commercial relationships in the music industry. All parties involved in the industry—from individual musicians to bands to music companies—must ensure that they have strong, well-structured contracts in place that properly establish and protect their rights. Our Florida music lawyers review the full spectrum of agreements. Types of music contracts that we review and evaluate in Florida include:
- Band and Project Contracts: Band members (and other collaborators) may benefit from signing an agreement with each other. This type of contract will govern their internal relations. A well-structured contract can help to limit the risk of disputes and protect your rights should a serious disagreement arise.
- Management and Agency Contracts: Musicians and other artists represented by a manager or outside talent agency will likely work under a contract. Our Florida music lawyers review management and agency contracts to ensure our clients are protected.
- Licensing Agreements (Copyright and Royalties): Music is a form of intellectual property. Songs and musical compositions fall under copyright law. A copyright holder can license the original works that they have control over in exchange for a royalty payment. We review music licensing agreements in Florida.
- Songwriter/Music Publisher Agreements: A songwriter and music publisher may enter an agreement over the control and terms of a musical composition. It is imperative that any songwriter-publisher agreement that you or your company signs is properly drafted. Our Florida music lawyers review these agreements for clients.
You Can Trust Our Florida Music Contract Review Lawyers
Music contracts are complicated. At Scott • Wagner and Associates, we are contract law professionals who have the skills and knowledge needed to serve the music industry. When you reach out to our firm, you will be able to consult with a Florida music contract review lawyer who can:
- Conduct a comprehensive confidential evaluation of your agreement;
- Ensure that you understand all of the terms and conditions of the contract; and
- Give you all of the information that you need so that you know what to do next.
Call Our Florida Music Contract Review Attorneys Today
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our Florida music contract review lawyers are experienced, diligent advocates for clients. We are here to make sure that any agreement you sign effectively protects your rights and interests. To set up a strictly private, no obligation consultation with a Florida music law attorney, please contact us today.