Florida Music Law Attorney
At Scott Law Team, our Florida music law attorneys provide reliable, personalized legal representation to businesses and professionals in the industry. Our firm provides comprehensive legal services—from the negotiation and review of contracts to guidance with intellectual property matters. If you have any questions or concerns about music law, we are more than ready to help. For a strictly confidential initial consultation with a top Florida music law attorney, please feel free to contact us today.
What is Music Law?
Music law is a broad term used to refer to the common legal issues facing artists, producers, businesses, and other parties involved in the music industry. As music is an ultra-competitive industry, it is crucial that individuals and companies put themselves in the best position to thrive and succeed. We handle the full range of music law issues. Among other things, our Florida music law attorneys have the skills and experience to help clients with:
- Recording, Publishing, and/or Distribution Agreements: Our law firm handles the negotiation, drafting, and review of all of the most common contracts in the music industry, including recording agreements, publishing agreements, distribution agreements, and management agreements. No matter the type of agreement(s) you need, our Florida entertainment law attorneys will make sure that your rights and interests are properly protected.
- 360 Degree Deals (360 Deals): Comprehensive contracts have become increasingly common—especially for new and up and coming artists. In the music industry, a 360 deal is a contract that provides a wide range of services to the artist. In exchange, the record company will be entitled to receive a certain pre-set percentage of the artist’s revenue for all of an artist’s professional activities for a predetermined period of time.
- Music Copyright: A musical copyright denotes intellectual property ownership over a musical composition or sound recording. With a copyright comes the exclusive right to distribute or reproduce a protected work.
- Merchandising Issues: Artists and music-industry professionals may benefit from multiple streams of revenue. We help clients with merchandising issues.
How the Florida Music Lawyers at Scott Law Team Can Help
Music law is complex. At Scott Law Team, our legal team helps clients navigate the law. We are ready to get started working on your behalf immediately. When you reach out to our firm, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Florida music law attorney who can:
- Answer your questions and explain your legal rights/options;
- Gather all of the documents, records, and information you need to proceed; and
- Provide proactive representation, focused on obtaining the best solution.
Contact Our Florida Music Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Scott Law Team, our Florida music lawyers have the professional skills and legal knowledge that you can rely on for solutions. If you have any questions about music law, we can help. Contact our firm today for your confidential, no obligation initial consultation. From our law offices in Jupiter, West Palm Beach, and Jacksonville we provide music law services throughout Florida.