Music Rights & Licensing Lawyer
Music continues to be one of our country’s leading entertainment products. According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), the music industry produced nearly $14 billion in nationwide revenue in 2020 alone. IP rights and licensing are key to the value of the industry.
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our music rights & licensing lawyers have the professional skills and legal knowledge that you can rely on. If you have any questions about music rights or music licensing, we are here to help. Call us today to set up a confidential initial consultation.
We Provide Comprehensive Music Rights and Music Licensing Representation
Our law firm provides comprehensive music law representation, including in the areas of music rights and music licensing. Ultimately, your interests as a musician, music producer, or other company in the industry arise primarily from intellectual property rights. Here is an overview of our music law services:
- Music Rights: Broadly defined, music rights related to the ability to license, copy, reproduce, or distribute a particular musical composition. For the most part, musical compositions, musical recordings, and musical productions fall under copyright law. Other matters in the music industry—such as the name of a band, the likeness of performers, or the logo of a band—may fall under other areas of intellectual property, such as trademark law. We help clients understand, establish, and protect their rights in the music industry. If you have any specific questions or concerns, contact our nationwide music rights attorney for help.
- Music Licensing: Licensing is a key part of the music industry. Granted by a copyright holder, a license is essentially legal permission to broadcast, perform, or otherwise reproduce a particular copyright-protected musical work. There are two primary forms of music licensing contracts: 1) Flat-fee contracts, and 2) Royalty payments. With a royalty structure, the copyright holder is paid, at least in part, based on the frequency that the music in question is performed or reproduced. Our firm helps clients with the full range of music licensing matters. If you have any specific questions about music licensing, contact our national music lawyers for help.
Why Work With Our Music Rights/Music Licensing Lawyers
Music rights and music licensing are complex matters. At Scott • Wagner and Associates, we are here to help you navigate through the process—with a focus on protecting your interests. When you call our firm, you will be able to connect with a music law attorney who is are prepared to:
- Conduct a comprehensive initial review and evaluation of your case;
- Answer your questions and explain your options; and
- Take action to ensure your rights and interests are fully protected.
Contact Our Music Rights & Licensing Attorneys Today
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our music rights & music licensing lawyers are experienced, solutions-oriented advocates for musicians, music companies, and other players in the industry. Call us today to learn more about what we can do for you or your firm. We provide nationwide representation in music rights and music licensing.