Music Contract Review Lawyer
The music industry is fast-growing. The RIAA reports that music industry revenues were up nearly 25 percent on a year-over-year basis in the first half of 2021. All players in the industry—from musicians to distribution companies—need to operate under well-structured contracts.
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our music contract review lawyers are diligent, reliable advocates for our clients. If you are entering into an important agreement in the music industry, it should be reviewed by an experienced attorney. Call us today for immediate legal assistance.
We Provide Comprehensive Music Contract Review Services Nationwide
Contracts are at the foundation of most commercial relationships in the music industry. It is crucial that any contract that you sign effectively establishes your rights and protects your interests. Our national music lawyers have deep experience reviewing a wide array of contracts. A non-exhaustive list of the music contracts that our attorneys handle includes:
- Band Contracts (Project Contracts): Though it may not always feel that way when you first get started, a band can be a major commercial enterprise. Band members and/or project collaborators may need a contract for internal matters.
- Transfer of Rights Agreement: A transfer of rights agreement is a type of music industry contract that assigns rights from one party to another. These are often used when a guest artist/performer is brought in for a particular contract.
- Management/Agency Contracts: Many individual musicians and bands work with outside management or outside agencies. A management/agency agreement requires a thorough review to ensure your rights and interests are protected.
- Licensing Agreements: We have deep experience reviewing music industry licensing agreements. These types of contracts must be properly drafted. If you have any questions about a licensing contract or royalty structures, our national music lawyers are here to help.
- 360 Music Contracts: A type of comprehensive contract, so-called 360 agreements are becoming increasingly common in the music industry. With this type of contract, an artist/performer signs with an outside party for a wide range of different services—often ranging from management to distribution to merchandising issues.
You Can Rely On Our Music Contract Review Attorneys
Music industry agreements are complex. At Scott • Wagner and Associates, we have deep experience handling contract law matters, including specialized agreements for the music industry. Our team is ready to get started on your case today. Among other things, our music contract attorneys will
- Listen to your story and take the time to understand your goals;
- Ensure that you fully understand the terms and implications of a contract; and
- Take whatever action is required to ensure your rights are protected.
Contact Our Music Contract Review Lawyers Today
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our music law attorneys have extensive experience representing clients in contract review. If you have any questions about your rights or options, we can help. For a fully confidential initial consultation with a top music contract review lawyer, please contact our law office today. Our music contract review lawyers provide nationwide representation.