New York City Music Lawyer (Contracts, Copyrights & Beats)
As one of the world’s largest melting pots, New York City has long been home to a diverse range of music. The influence that New York has had across a wide range of different genres—from rap/hip hop to punk rock to musical theater—can be heard all over the globe.
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our New York City music lawyers have the skills, legal knowledge, and real world experience to help clients navigate a wide range of music law matters. If you have any questions, we are here as a resource. Call us now for a fully private case evaluation.
An Overview of Music Law Services We Provide in New York
Bands, singers, songwriters, record producers, and other parties involved in the music industry face some unique legal issues. Music law is a specialized legal area focused on these matters. Our New York music law attorneys advise clients with a wide variety of different matters. Along with other types of music law concerns, our New York attorneys can help you with:
- Contracts: Before you sign an agreement, it is crucial that you understand all of the terms and implications. A music industry contract must be well-drafted and well-structured. In addition, you should be fully comfortable with all of the conditions. We review the full range of music contracts in New York, including collaboration agreements, management agreements, distributions agreements, and 360 deals. If you have any questions, our New York music contract review attorneys can help.
- Copyrights (Lyrics, Compositions, Beats, etc): Music is intellectual property (IP). It falls under copyright law. You can copyright the key elements of a song, including its lyrics and its beats. We help parties in the music industry navigate copyright issues. Contact our New York music contract lawyers for more information.
- Music Licensing and Royalties: Licensing and royalties are a huge part of the music industry. Do not sign a licensing agreement or royalty agreement without having it reviewed by an experienced New York music law attorney. Our legal team will make sure that you understand the terms of the contract and will make sure that it is in your best interests.
You Can Rely On the New York Music Lawyers at Scott • Wagner and Associates
The music industry is hyper-competitive. At Scott • Wagner and Associates, we help clients navigate complex legal matters—ensuring that they have all of the tools and resources needed to protect their best interests. More specifically, our New York music attorneys are ready to:
- Listen to your story, answer your questions, and explain your options;
- Gather documents, records, contracts, and other information as needed; and
- Take whatever legal action is required to protect your rights and achieve your goals.
Consult With Our New York Music Law Attorneys Today
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our New York music law attorneys provide solutions-driven legal representation to our clients. With experience handling a wide array of music industry matters, we are focused on protecting your rights and interests. For your strictly confidential, no obligation initial consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us today.