Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Scott Wagner & Associates, P.A. Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
  • Employment
  • ~
  • Civil Rights
  • ~
  • Healthcare

What protections are there if I alert the authorities that my employer is cheating on taxes?

[videoandtranscript id=”223322679″]

If you report any wrongdoing by your employer of the type that’s illegal, you have rights under both state and federal whistleblower laws. The question you ask, what rights do you have if you report unlawful reporting of taxes, that would fall under the federal law, and that right is actually enforced by the IRS. You can report that specifically to the IRS’s website. Before you do that, though, you may want to make sure your own taxes are in order, and you may also want to seek counsel to make sure that that is the best course of action.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation

* Cathleen Scott is licensed to practice in Florida only.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission from