Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
Helping You Navigate Workplace Issues in FloridaGet in contact with an Intake Specialist Contact Us Now

Are there any special terms that apply to unions and employees under union contracts?

Return to FAQ Videos


Union employees are contracted employees in a matter of speaking, because their employment is governed by what’s called the Collective Bargaining Agreement, or the CBA. That document is like the union go-to source for information about hiring, pay, promotion, disciplinary actions, and most importantly how you can appeal those decisions if they’re adverse to the employee. The employee should contact the union for representation. It’s important to know that not all CBA’s allow for employees to hire and outside counsel to help with those, but we can help you navigate through that process, point you in the right direction, and give you some advice behind the scenes.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn