Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
Helping You Navigate Workplace Issues in Florida

What can I do if I think a former employer blacklisted me?

Return to FAQ Videos


If you feel like you’re getting a negative reference or that employers are saying things about you that are negative, the best thing to do is to find out exactly what’s being said. There are a number of companies that will do that for you. One that we like is a company called Allison Taylor. They’re actually a reference check company. They’ll call and give you a transcript of what’s being said. Under Florida law, a company is allowed to give an honest and truthful opinion of you. That’s not defamation. But if a company is giving a negative and false information about you that’s affecting your ability to get hired, you may have a claim and I would encourage you to contact your local labor law lawyer.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn