Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
Helping You Navigate Workplace Issues in FloridaGet in contact with an Intake Specialist Contact Us Now

Who can file a charge of discrimination?

Return to FAQ Videos


Anyone who is an employee, or even a job applicant, can file what’s called a charge of discrimination with the local agencies. There are three in our area. There’s the Florida Commission Human Relations, located in Tallahassee, and that agency investigates claims, under state law, for discrimination. There’s the Federal Agency, which is known as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. There are dozens and dozens of local agencies, depending on where you live, Palm Beach County, Broward, or outside the state as well. Anyone can file that, and should file it. There are very short time periods for filing a charge of discrimination, so don’t delay. You can also complain to Human Resources or contact your local labor employment law lawyer.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn