Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
Helping You Navigate Workplace Issues in FloridaGet in contact with an Intake Specialist Contact Us Now

What protections are there if I alert the authorities that my employer is cheating on taxes?

Return to FAQ Videos


If you report any wrongdoing by your employer of the type that’s illegal, you have rights under both state and federal whistleblower laws. The question you ask, what rights do you have if you report unlawful reporting of taxes, that would fall under the federal law, and that right is actually enforced by the IRS. You can report that specifically to the IRS’s website. Before you do that, though, you may want to make sure your own taxes are in order, and you may also want to seek counsel to make sure that that is the best course of action.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn