Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
Helping You Navigate Workplace Issues in FloridaGet in contact with an Intake Specialist Contact Us Now

If I am in a union, what other laws might protect me in the workplace?

Return to FAQ Videos


If you’re a union employee and you feel like you’ve been mistreated, you probably should look first to your collective bargaining agreement. That’s the written document that governs between your employer and the union that you’re a member of. Certain obligations that they have to you in the workplace, particularly as it relates to being evaluated, job assignments, overtime assignments, termination rights, appeal rights. That’s going to be a richer source and more fertile ground for finding rights and remedies than private law would offer you.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn