Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
Helping You Navigate Workplace Issues in FloridaGet in contact with an Intake Specialist Contact Us Now

What types of damages can I recover for age discrimination?

Return to FAQ Videos


If you bring a claim for age discrimination under either state or federal law, there are different damages that are available. The most popular and common is back wages if you’ve been terminated, but there also is an ability to recover for economic losses, pain, suffering, humiliation because you’ve underwent discrimination. You can also recover your lawyer’s fees and costs. In rare cases, you can make a claim for punitive damages, and those can be awarded although it’s unusual.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn